I don’t need to tell you that there’s a lot of competition on the internet for visitors and traffic in any market but that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for someone new. The problem for new webmasters is which niche market do you try to dominate? Here are a few tips that helped me:
- So many webmasters think they are working in a small niche market when it reality they are trying to compete in a global marketplace against companies with million dollar budgets. In my opinion a niche on the internet is a site that gets under 200 visitors a day.
- People wonder how you can earn money online from so little traffic but as we all know quality beats quantity when it comes to internet visitors every time. Indeed I know of one small site that never gets more than 50 visitors a day but makes over $1000 a month, this is because the traffic is highly targeted and looking to buy.
- Its only worth being in any niche if you know you can dominate it. A niche market is always working on small margins so the difference between being the No1 site and No2 will often be the difference between success and failure.
- In order to be the goto person in any internet marketplace you have to become an authority in it. The best way to do this is to produce lots of really specific quality content on the exact niche. This can sometimes mean creating 10s or even 100s of articles or blog posts which can be a lot of work but it’s the only way to become recognised as an expert.
The best thing by far about being an expert in any small market is that your site can often dominate for years with little or no extra work. This means you can spend your time on other projects and make even more money!
- Building Niche Web Sites (AuthorityArticles.com)
- Facebook Stores With The Most Fans From Different Niches (ismagazine.com)